Summer Program at Kids Can
Summer is a special time at Kids Can Community Center. Our summer program lasts the entire summer from school’s end in May to its start in August. Kids Can focuses on partnering our STEMsmart curriculum of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Strength, Music, Arts, Reading and Tutoring with dynamic field trips. Weekly themes pair on-site learning with an average of three off-site field trips per week.
Available to school-age children, our state-licensed program is open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM and includes breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. There is no extra charge for field trips, swimming or other activities. Program fees are $33 per day or $165 per week. Families are only charged for days your child(ren) attend. Child Care Subsidy (Title XX) payment is accepted, and some scholarships are available.
Program Dates: The summer program will run May 27th through August 13th. We will be closed on May 31st for Memorial Day and July 5th for Independence Day.
Schedules: Morning Reading and Math Lessons for K – 6th Grades; groups will spend 1 ½ hours on Math & Literacy Skills to keep them learning, engaged and ready to go back to school!
- Summer Fun May 27 – May 28: Enjoy our first days of summer with games, art activities and fun!
- STEM June 1 – 4: This week we focus on Science, Engineering, Technology and Math!
- Cooking Creations June 7- 11: Make some culinary creations as learn about food and cooking this week and start our Kids Can Garden for the summer!
- Aquatic Adventures June 14 – 18: Spend the week with water! Swimming, water games and fun at Kids Can!
- Insect, Bugs and Creepy Crawlers June 21 – 25: Learn all about insects, bees & bugs this week!
- Outdoor Adventures June 28 - July 2: Spend the week with nature and the great outdoors!
- Amazing Animals July 6 – 9: A week dedicated to animals - visit them at the Zoo, Wildlife Safari and more!
- SMART! July 12 – 16: Spend this week the Kids Can SMART way while learning about music and art!
- Take Me Out to the Ballpark July 19 – 23: Enjoy a week all about sports and games!
- Seas and Skies July 26 – July 30: Join us for a week learning about space and the ocean!
- Blast from the Past August 2 – 6: Spend the week living and learning about the past!
- End of Summer August 9 – 13 : Enjoy our last days of summer with games, art activities and fun!
Please stop by anytime between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM to complete the enrollment process. We must have the completed enrollment forms as well as a copy of your children’s immunization records in order to begin serving your child(ren). We must also receive either confirmed Child Care Subsidy (Title XX) authorization or a registration fee ($25 for individual child/$40 for multiple) and deposit (two weeks of service $165) before your child begins.
To schedule an appointment to complete the registration process, tour our facilities, and learn more about the program call 402-731-6988 or contact Stephanie Stickels at email@example.com.
For Child Care Subsidy (Title XX) authorizations our provider number is 77283875.