Summer Program at Kids Can
Summer is a special time at Kids Can Community Center. Our summer program lasts the entire summer from school’s end in May to its start in August. Kids Can focuses on partnering our STEMsmart curriculum of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Strength, Music, Arts, Reading and Tutoring with dynamic field trips. Weekly themese pair on-site learning with an average of three off-site field trips per week.
Available to school-age children, our state-licensed program is open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM and includes breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon meal. There is no extra charge for field trips, swimming or other activities. Program fees are $32 per day or $160 per week. Families are only charged for days your child(ren) attend. Child Care Subsidy (Title XX) payment is accepted, and some scholarships are available.
Below are this year's weekly themes:
- May 23 - 31: Summer Fun! Enjoy your first days of summer with games, swimming, field trips and fun!
- June 3 – 7: Outdoor Adventures! Spend the week with nature and the great outdoors!
- June 10 – 14: Get SMART! Spend this week SMART while learning about music and art!
- June 17 – 21: To Infinity and Beyond! A week learning about space with trips to the SAC Museum and the UNO Planetarium
- June 24 – 28: Take Me Out to the Ballpark! Enjoy a week about sports with trips to an Omaha Storm Chasers game and ice skating!
- July 1 – 5: Aquatic Adventures! Spend a week with water games, swimming and fun at Kids Can! (Kids Can Closed July 4th)
- July 8 – 12: STEM! Learn all about Science and Technology during this week of robotics, drones & more!
- July 15 – 19: O What Fun! Explore the fun Omaha has to offer with trips to Joslyn Castle, Omaha Children's Museum, and more!
- July 22 – 26: Blast from the Past! Spend the week living and learning about the past!
- July 29 – August 2: Amazing Animals! A week dedicated to animals - visit them at the Henry Doorly Zoo, Wildlife Safari, and more!
- August 5 – 9: Top Chef! Become a chef as we learn about food and cooking this week!
- August 12 – 13: Back to School Time! We will be open for full day program on Monday & Tuesday
First Day of School: Omaha Public Schools on August 14th
Please stop by anytime between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM to complete the enrollment process. We must have the completed enrollment forms as well as a copy of your children’s immunization records in order to begin serving your child(ren). We must also receive either confirmed Child Care Subsidy (Title XX) authorization or a registration fee ($25 for individual child/$40 for multiple) and deposit (two weeks of service $160) before your child begins. To schedule an appointment to complete the registration process, tour our facilities, and learn more about the program call 402-731-6988 or contact Stephanie Stickels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Child Care Subsidy (Title XX) authorizations our provider number is 77283875.